Day 1 - Pre departure

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

My journey starts today. Some people say it's those times where you want to "find" yourself. I am found, I just need a break & I want to be alone. And I want to be close to the person I miss most.

* Get ahold of yourself, Jihan. Don't cry in public. *

In a way, I'm going back to a part of my roots. I really hope I can set my feet there. I miss him a lot. I've been seeing his face ever since the beginning of the year. But I can't be close enough, so I'm trying to breathe the air that he once breathed.

* Oh shucks. I'm already in tears. *

This is going to be one emotional journey.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As of this morning, I've met Encik Mohd Aziz, a taxi driver, and a Tabligh. Alhamdulillah I had myself a good muslim driver. It was 4.30am & I was alone, so it was scary. Anyway, he talked to me about Sunnah, how to live it & threw some questions that I stuttered to answer.

Happy, energetic young Indian boys welcomed & helped me onto the bus. How can you be so cheerful so early in the morning? Have you had extra dose of coffee or something? Oh the young ones..

Reached the airport at 6am wanting to feed myself some Coffee Bean breakfast set which I love, but they're out of stock. So had to chow down chicken puff & a cup of coffee. 20 bucks, man! Add a little ore and I'll have myself that nice breakfast set I long for.

And now here I am, still in Coffee Bean, in the calmer part of the airport. Sitting right under the brightest light in the store. Using the airport's Wifi and minding my own business.

I'll write soon. Nature's calling.