29

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

Today's the last day of yet another decade of my life - the 20s. The best years.

I have to admit it's pretty sad to leave, and a bit of a freak-out to enter the big THREE-O. I keep picturing that I've to shut everything behind and go off into another dimension with all these swirling black and white stripes all over me. Yeah, like in the movies.

Most of my 20s were spent working. So basically... in office buildings. What a time, huh? Except for the first few months where I was still in college, then at home undecided to whether I should work or further my studies.. Oh well, 10 years after, I still don't have a clue to where I'm heading.

I learned a lot - a whole lot, about life. About work. About love. And best of all, I spent a lot too. After so close of being a working adult for 10 years, I still do not have a cent of savings. So there goes my dreams to own a house of my own.

But I don't actually regret it. I spent most of it doing things that I like most - travelling. Be it with friends or family, overseas or local. I had fun. I loved it.

Was also the year I lost 2 of my family members - my uncle Manji & newborn niece Amira. Along the way, I actually lost myself. And then found it, and lost it again.

I have to say, I'm kinda at a loss right now. Mostly about work and my being a better Muslim.

So coming to the age of 30, I hope that I'll be wiser at making decisions. I will try and be a better person - to other human beings, animals, plants and whatever there is in the universe. I pray that one of these days, I can REALLY find myself. My true calling, as what they say.

I also want to dedicate this new chapter of my life to do more of giving. Not only in the form of money, but energy, prayers and any other ways I possibly can. InsyaAllah.

And with that, I close this chapter now. Earlier than scheduled - coz I have to prepare for my flight to Bali which will leave at 8.25pm tonight.

So, see ya on the other side! :)