New Members of the Clan

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3 Comments A+ a-

Hopefully bulan puasa ni takde sape yg akan make my blood go upstairs. I'm learning to tolerate to Mr. Ho hoping that I won't fall sick for no reason like the other day.

They finally give me a colleague to help out. Hooray! He's rajin, but I've yet to teach him into depth the software we're customizing. He does not get on my nerves, unlike the other guy who is currently helping out with another module.

I told him a thousand times and still he gave me the same answer. He thinks he's always right and so damn hard to take my advice on how to do things. I want things my way, ok. I have very strong reasons for them, and I know the project well. Tapi punye la dia degil mak aihhhh!!! And this is not the 1st time, but when I asked him what file he updated, he just said "You can check in the SVN, there's updated date".

WTF are you thinking, man! Why in the world do you think I need your help if I don't have anything to do. Yes I can take the files from SVN, our coding repository, but is it so hard for you to list out the files you've changed? I'm suspecting that he thinks I have nothing to do but to sit around my pc and click "Update" every few seconds, just to see which file got updated. Like, seriously dude. Masa aku MC haritu I was working all day at home. I even went online on my YM since early morning. He called me at 6.30pm (I'm guessing after Mr. Ho asked him to call me since I baru report things to Mr. Ho at that time) and told me kerja dia dah siap dah. Sounds sarcastic la, but how the hell do I know when he didn't even update me? Email takde, offline msgs takde, call takde, sms pun takde. And when I wanted to take the file, I saw dia check-in pukul 11.30 am. Can you believe that!!! And then bila aku update, ada error. Memang sangat tensen. All the while he could've solve the error kan? And he knows well that the next day ada UAT on that module. If you give me a pen in front of him that day, I probably poked him in the head 1st thing. Geram!

I want things to work out well in every possible browser you can have, ok. He kept insisting that his IE is ok, and kinda make faces if I report to him Firefox is not. I mean, come on! This project that I'm doing is different from his earlier project, which is a bank. Like, totally lain punya environment la..

Hell, I downloaded most of the browsers for this ok. I upgraded to IE8, Mozilla 3.6, Chrome, Seamonkey, Safari.. I had Netscape, but unistalled it later bcoz masa tu takde space & tak cukup memory kot. Was clearing things off from my laptop. And from time to time we check on XP, Vista, Windows 7.. and even set up a virtual machine to check on the almost-obsolete IE6 SP2 on a specific XP SP2. Mr. Ho never updated his IE7 just because of this.

Dem. Earlier on when he was about to start helping out with things, I gave him some briefing and instructions tapi dia susah betul lah nak terima. Sampai aku tatau ape nak cakap, aku naik marah, and last2 aku suruh Mr. Ho helped out. And today Mr. Ho told me that guy is having a hard time understanding his instructions that finally dia tell me of the changes.

Taktau la ape. Mungkin dia ego. He's in a Senior position la. Chinese guy. Maybe dia susah nak terima hakikat that a Malay girl, who is NOT a senior, giving him instructions.

* Sigh *

I hope I can bersabar. And I kinda miss Mr. Ho coz he's all the way in Sepang whole day today. Haha. Esok appraisal pulak dengan dia. Whatever la. Kalau bigbos tak bagi aku naik Senior, aku bakar ofis.

=P

3 comments

Write comments
pizli.mw
AUTHOR
10:22 PM delete

Lama dah kau tak update panjang macam ni.. Sabar Jihan.. Mesti ada hikmahnya nanti.. (wahahahahaha)

Reply
avatar
scabbers
AUTHOR
9:23 AM delete

Hahahah.. terima kasih encik pizli. saye harap begitu juga =P

Reply
avatar
Voldemort
AUTHOR
9:40 AM delete

the best thing to do is just rat about him pada mr ho (kesayangan ko tuh). haha. seriously explain to him the problem and let him handle that 'senior'. haha. good luck dan selamat berpuasa dengan aman.

Reply
avatar