The Final Night

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

There's a saying in my religion that you can't sleep in total pitch black - Satan will be everywhere in darkness.
So I never actually sleep in that condition. I do turn off the lights, but there's always my night lamp or the light in the other room.. so, it's not completely black.

The last night I was in Tetbury, my aunt (who happens to be the one who always reminds me about not to sleep in the dark) turned off the lights in my room. I guess she was half awake; it was midnight & I bet she was struggling to open her eyes.

But I thought it was my other aunt, who owns the house, who turned it off. You know, probably to save energy or electricity bill or whatever reasons. 1st time I woke up in the dark, I didn't give it much thought - I just went back to sleep.

The 2nd time, however, I was awake with some sense and not too drowsy from my sleep. At the end of my bed, beside my feet I saw something. It was a person who covers itself with a white duvet. And surprisingly it was doing something with it's hand, kinda like trying to put a thread through a needle. I stared at it for quite some time, wanting to get some sense in my head. I wasn't scared at that moment, I thought it was my aunt who came up to get something from her closet.

But the more I thought of it, the more I got scared. I can't sleep, thinking of the possibilities of what that thing is or what it's going to do to me. When I thought of a human being doing some stealing in the house, I got really scared. I could hear my own heartbeat. Tried to calm myself, but can't.

After like an hour, or was it an eternity, that I stayed awake, I decided to turned on my mobile phone on. Thank heavens there was nothing there. The curtain was not closed properly - there was a peep at the top of the window. Which till now I assume it what caused what I saw.

But then again, I saw a person. Not a shadow. Nor light.