Tuesday, February 10, 2004 0 Comments A+ a-

Malam tadi tgk Grammy. Shit la they cut off Outcast - Hey Ya punye show. I waited for that since the beginning. And I had to stay up until 12.30am only to find that performance dia dah takde. I wast so frustrated and mad at Channel 8. Ade ke patut? Teruk sangat ke pakaian diaorg? Cheh... baik balik kampung tgk Astro daripada tgk tv mesia biasa. Geramnya aku!!!

But anyways... Luther Vandross part was very touching. Dia cakap pun dah macam tak brape betul sgt. And that song - Dance with my Father...best...touching gak. A tear nearly rolled down my eye listeing to Celine Dion singing the song, with the pictures of Celine's late father at the side screen. But suddenly after that they announced Sean Paul's singing with Sting. Terus gumbira aku diabuatnya. Sean Paul sangat la comel. Walaupun I can't understand a word he's singing. Hehehehee...

Searched for the lyrics...and here it is...song of the day:

Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross

Back when I was a child,
Before life removed all the innocence,
My father would lift me high,
And dance with my mother and me,
And then...
Spin me around til' I fell asleep,
Then up the stairs he would carry me,
And I knew for sure I was loved


If I could get another chance,
Another one, another dance with him,
I'd play a song that would never never end
How I'd love love love...
To dance with my father again.

Ooooh...

When I and my mother disagreed,
To get my way I would run from her to him.
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me,
Yeah yeah...
Then finally make me do just what my momma said.

Later that night when I was asleep,
He left a dollar under my sheet.
Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me.

Repeat Chorus
If I could steal one final glance,
One final step,
One final dance with him,
I'd play a song that'd never never end.
Cos I'd love love love, to dance with my father again.

Sometimes I'd listen outside the door
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
I pray for her even more than me...
I pray for her even more than me.....

I know I'm praying for much too much,
But could you send back,
The only man she loved.
I know you don't do it usually,
But dear Lord she's dying,
To dance with my father again.

Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listening to it right now kat dia nye website. Although I have no father (lebih kurang la) tapi aku tetap sedih jugak baca lyrics dia. Terbayang lak muka arwah atuk aku, who had been like a father to me all these years. Isk... rindu pulak aku kat arwah atuk aku. Nih yg sedey nih. Control...control... u're at work, ok! ~ok~ Hehehehe...

Dah la. Takmoh la aku dengo lagu nih lagi. Nangis kang sape nak tanggung? Dah la sat gi ade briefing. ;P

This is what I read in the website:
The poignant, reflective title cut is a prime example. "Yes, recording that song was very emotional for me and yes, it is based on my own experience. But, as much as it is that, it isn't about a situation that happened just to me. It's not limited to one type of circumstance in life: it's not just about losing one's father but about missing someone who is gone - for whatever reason - and the longing you feel for that moment in the past when you were together. I called my mother when I first started writing "Dance With My Father" to let her know about it and as soon as we had a first draft of it, I got it to her and she has played it literally every day since. It captures a particular place and suspends you in mid-air. It's my mother and my father dancing to some Baby Washington songs with me right there and the memory of that moment has hovered around me throughout my life ever since."